Monday, November 16, 2009

Saturday--headed home

Our good friends, Rich & Tara, drove down Saturday morning to Stanford to meet us & bring us back home. What wonderful friends, huh?

Ken was READY to go home --- there's no place like home, right? Saying good-bye to our kids & grandson was, of course, bitter-sweet -- but Leo gave grampa some gum & a kiss, and we were on our way. So thankful they were able to be with us -- good for them - good for us...there's no way we'd be able to really recount all that happened those several days.

Ken slept all the way home -- it was a beautiful, crisp fall day. I was able to enjoy being a passenger and not have to 'battle' any traffic. I had been vasillating (feeling 'guilty') about asking to have someone drive ALL THE WAY to Stanford and then turn right around and drive back home. Realized on that return trip, how thankful I was that I went with my gut feeling and kept our plans in place ... it gave me quiet time and an opportunity to pull my head together before we got home.... not to mention, that Rich & Tara unloaded the WHOLE car and brought everything inside for us .... not a small task!

No comments:

Post a Comment