Tuesday, November 17, 2009

DBS -- PART 2

BACK to Stanford this afternoon -- 2nd part of surgery tomorrow (wed) --- Ken will have an Internal Pulse Generator implanted just under his right collarbone & the attached 'wires' will be tunneled up the side of his neck to connect to 'leads' right behind his right ear.... probably gonna be pretty sore for a while....

He's doing great from Friday's surgery --- but I do have to say that anticipating ANOTHER surgery in this short period of time is a little daunting.... we are in great hands @ Stanford and in God's hands .....

I had hoped to post some pics from the big event --- but that will have to wait till this weekend.

Life is good. Ken hasn't gone back on his full regimen of Parkinsons meds -- hasn't really needed them..... yay!!!

Hey ... did I mention we were able to videotape the DBS surgery!!!!!! Our friend (and videographer) Andrew, and our son-in-law, Sam, were in the OR taping the whole time!!! We're taking orders for copies!!! (just kidding)

4 comments:

  1. You are both in my prayers! Thank you for the updates via this blog, it is great to know what is going on. I love you guys, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to pause in between my busy teaching hours to say prayers for both of you. May Wednesday go well for all, and thank God for restful sleep and not much need for those ole meds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, can't believe you videoed the procedure but then I guess that's what you do. Just watched a camera man working in the Antarctic doing 4 days of shooting a leopard seal and the amazing thing that happened without him being hurt. Too bad National Geographic is so evolution bound. Just want you to know I continue to lift you up in prayer. God speed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so humbled and encouraged by the power of prayer over mom and dad's lives. Thanks to the incredible support system they have and the His hand in dads healing. I look forward to seeing this medical miracle take effect in all of our lives.

    ReplyDelete