Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Turned On and Tuned In!

Hey - this is Ken. I'm actually posting to the blog. Miracles never cease!

Yesterday was a miracle to say the least... A miracle of medical science. We got up at 4:30am and headed out for Stanford. Arriving 15 minutes late, Beckie dropped me off at the front door and went to park the car. I was OFF medication, so needless to say, my condition was pretty pathetic, as I shuffled and shook through the entrance and to the elevator. Beckie said later that she only rarely had seen me THAT bad. I'm sure glad I didn't have a mirror - I actually thought I was holding together pretty good!

To make a long story short, the programming session lasted about 5 hours. Bottom line: if you've seen my videos on youtube, and are familiar with the negative impact scale that I set up, going into the session, I was about a "9" (which is on the edge of the cliff). This morning I'm about a "1". (which is really good).

Needless to say, we pushed the envelope by driving into SF in the morning. As the clock ticked away and we were obviously late, my blood pressure continued to rise. For a point of referrence, when I went into surgery, my BP was 153 over 89... the highest it had ever been to date. Yesterday morning, it was 160 over 100! and my pulse was 108. (Typically 96)

Don't ask me why I was so stressed, it was a combination of things that got out of hand, but there I was - in all of my glory... ready to be programmed.

When all is said and done, my symptoms are 90% gone. Praise the Lord! I'm a happy camper.

Beckie has a great saying. "Remember - Programming is not an event, it's a process." How true.

I'm dealing with some diskenysia (uncontrolled movement in my right leg - the kind that Michael J Fox deals with) and the tremor in my right hand and left leg still sneak back in occasionally, but aside from that, this posting should tell you something: I've been typing!
That's a good thing.

If you haven't seen the series of videos on youtube, check them out. They document the ON and OFF extremes that I've dealt with. Click on the link in the left column.

Anyway - I'm BACK!

3 comments:

  1. Praise God! He is truly a good God. I am so happy for you Ken. May God continue to do His good work in and through you.

    Blessings!
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic news! I have been praying for ALL of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a-mazing! I am tearing up just reading through this as I am so impressed by your strength, patience and grace in life! Thank you for being so candid! I love you Daddy!

    ReplyDelete