Sunday, November 14, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Yesterday marked the first anniversary of my brain surgery. Wow, what a year it's been!

Watching other people's videos on YouTube just now makes me feel like I may have complained a little too much to my movement disorder neurologist during my last visit in July....those YouTube videos make me realize how very fortunate I am....

My wife still loves me after 38 years -
for richer and poorer, in sickness and health...
(those words have deep meaning now),

My children love me as much as I love them .... and that's a bunch!

And frankly, some of my Parkinson's symptoms are minimal - especially when compared to other PD patients.

Watch this video. I narrated it after the fact because frankly, my 'verbal fluency' is lacking at the moment (you probably wouldn't have understood a word I was trying to say on camera).

2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for sharing this honest moment in your story! It is so real. I think it is very helpful for people to see that life is not easy but you are weathering the storm. It is important that we be reminded of God's grace and provisions...you are lucky that you have a button to remind you ;) the rest of us just get a kick in the pants every once in a while! lol I love you Dad, more than you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't realized you had done a new post, but decided to check up on you.
    I love this video. It's a good reminder for me that DBS was a positive decision. That the exchange of verbal ability for physical ability has actually been a blessing. With DBS you have gained so much this year, and for that I am thankful.
    Sometimes as we wade through the waters its hard to express our love that remains constant. But you are loved more than ever by all of us, and we are thankful for the role you play in our lives.

    ReplyDelete